Friday, July 16, 2010

The Gym!

So I just signed up the family (most of whom are grumbling about it) to a YMCA membership for the next three months. Ours has a great kids fit club where 7-13 year olds have their own workout room with their own personal trainer to help them understand the proper way to use the equipment and set goals. We have our first appointment today. Now most of you know my kids are skinny!!! But I had a long talk with my girls about skinny bodies dosent always mean a healthy body. Plus they are each considering a sport this fall (volleyball and crew) and they will really need to develop some upperbody strength for that. Ian's such a football dude. I'm interested to see if Marin ever breaks a sweat, LOL. But in the all about me category, I'm hoping that being accountable to my goals and having a set time that for them to be acheived within can't help but be a good thing! So this fun Friday I'll be getting weighed and measured and humilated by a complete stranger. Confess my sins and deal with the fact that I am in fact 20 pounds overweight head on. One of my biffles here is also joining - so it's all good. And there is a YMCA facility RIGHT next to Den's office - so maybe he'll stop biking in 100 degree weather or running during a severe weather alert - I can only hope! As I know that 70% of weight loss is DIET, I'm working on a no wheat or dairy (except for my beloved fat free International Delight French Vanillia every morning in my coffee cause LIFEISSHORT! Anyone want to join me? September 30th? Let's give ourselves a great present coming into the new year - our old bodies! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment